Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Henderson Thorne Natural Classic 2011


This past weekend was the OPA Henderson Thorne Natural Classic 2011, and the only Team Emerge competitor competing was bikini competitor Simone. Like mentioned in a previous blog entry one of Simone's goals was to compete completely natural, walking on stage as healthy as could be. Competing in a “Natural” tested show was the best way to showcase this desire and achieve this goal.

Last show we tried a different look for Simone with bangs, we weren’t happy with the way that style looked on stage and decided to go with a more “natural” look. We also changed up the suit, as a matter of fact Karen from KHP literally made the suit last minute that day! When Simone put on her suit and entered the back stage area Karen commented on how amazing her body looked compared to last year. I had to agree, she looked tight but full and she looked healthy. She had a lean face but full not sunken, her arms and legs were shapely and tone without being ripped, and her torso was lean and tight without showing too much abdominal definition. In other words, she looked just like the standard!

When Simone's class walked on stage Simone (as usual) stood out because of her wow factor. Her walk, the way she strikes a pose and her transitions were all professional grade. We had spoke about a slightly different stage presence than last show and she pulled it off perfectly. I knew that Simone would take this class and it was going to be a matter of facing the other winners in the other classes.

After Simone came off stage her husband and I met up with her to tell her how great she looked and performed. At that point we had approximately 5 hours until the evening show so we went our separate ways, I lived 20 minutes away and went home. Unfortunately I ended up with a killer headache and called Simone to inform her, she let me know that she was ready for the evening show with or without me :( kidding. I told her what I thought she needed to do on stage to stand out from who I thought would be the winners of the other classes when she made it to the overall (which I was confident she would be competing in) and asked her to keep me posted.

A few hours later Simone informed me that she won her class and then the overall!! I was soooo happy for her as was she, that night we proved to many that you can follow a natural healthy approach and not only be competitive but be the best!

Congrats Simone! Next step Nationals, look out Canadian Bikini Competitors!

D

No comments: