Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Belated show update

Sorry for the delay in posting recent Team Emerge results, I have so many things on the go right now it slipped my mind! Anyway, lets go back a few weeks to the 17th of September when new Team Emerge member Ania competed for the first time. She competed in the Fitness STAR Model Search World Championships in both the Athletic Fitness Model category and the Bikini category.

As many of you know I am the Head Judge for Fitness STAR International but I do not actually score competitors competing, I write comments down so when competitors ask for feed back I have it. Therefor there is no conflict of interest if I have a competitor competing in the show. Anyway, back to Ania... I told Ania that she looked great the week of the show and knew she would do very well in the Athletic Fitness Model round, the Bikini class in Fitness STAR is a smaller softer look than in other organizations and I felt Ania was too lean and muscular for that category but let her enter for more stage time.

It was clear when Ania's fitness model class came on stage that she was the standout, she looked great (despite a less than perfect spray tan). I decided to have her compete without doing a prep, no depletion what so ever, she walked on stage like it was a normal day. Her stage presence was very good for her first time (we have a few things to work on) and she showed herself very well.

When she came on stage for the Bikini category I knew she was too conditioned and muscular but she still represented on stage bringing a Bikini body more suited for the OPA stage.

When the awards were presented Ania came in 1st in the Athletic Fitness Model category and won best female abs too. She didn’t place in the Bikini category but we knew that wouldn’t be the case going in. All in all a great day and first show for Ania, already the photographers have been setting up photo shoot dates with her. Ania has more shows coming up this fall, stay tuned!

On September 24th Team Emerge members Pam and Simone both competed in the 2011 Natural Ontario Championships. I wasn’t able to attend this show so all I can mention is their placings but before I do I would like to mention Pam's dilemma pre show. Pam and I met up a week before the show, she wasn’t planning on doing the show and had not been dieting for a competition but thought maybe she would try it to place top 5 and qualify for the National Naturals in the spring.

Pam came to see me too access how she looked, she was not even close to her best but I told her to follow our depletion prep for a week and come see me the day before the show and we would decide at that point if it was worth stepping on stage. I do not like putting clients on stage if they are not at their best or damn near. When I saw her the day before the show she had improved but not where I would have liked her to be, we were sitting on the fence about having her compete but decided why not, it was worth the chance.

Pam competed in Figure short class and masters. Pam came in 1st in the short class and 4th in masters qualifying for the Nationals in the spring, mission accomplished!!

Simone was competing in Bikini and since she was the main athlete featured in the poster for this show she had to represent big time. Simone not only won her height class but also the overall again! Needless to say both girls represented very well and I cant wait to see what happens in the spring!!

D
(Pictures to follow)

No comments: