Sunday, March 6, 2011

2011 IFBB Arnold Amateur


This week Team Emerge member Emily came from London to the Emerge Oakville studio to work on her presentation before hitting the stage at the2011 IFBB Arnold Amateur. Usually I can find something to critique about the way one on my competitors walk or pose but as much as I tried Emily was flawless. Its crazy how polished and professional she presents now compared to a year ago. Of course Emily has her training and nutrition down and looked great considering she was water and sodium loading!

We talked about the level of competition she would be facing against 27 of the top figure competitors in her class on the planet. Emily was shooting for a top 5 placing against this calibre of competition. I told her (not that I had to) that she is one of the best and would be bringing home hardware not just place top 5. Unfortunately I couldn’t attend the show so Emily assured me she would let me know how the prejudging went as soon as she got of stage.
Thursday evening 10:22pm Emily informs me that she made the first call out of 8 and that her placing was looking very positive. I was pumped and so was she, at that point it was just a waiting game until Saturday morning. Saturday morning came with a 3rd place trophy! Great start to what I expect to be a great year for Emily on stage.

Congratulations Emily and enjoy your well earned Caribbean vacation (jealous)!

No comments: